20050105: errors in gpwarn

Hsie,

Anytime you see the message queue output such as below,
it means that one of your program had exited without cleaning up
the message queue and removing the "gplt" process and possibly
the device driver. This may have resulted from the program terminating
abnormally due to other errors previously.

Run the GEMPAK script "cleanup -c"
which should remove all message queueus ( that would be found with
"ipcs" and removed with "ipcrm"), and kill off gplt processes.

After running cleanup, check for any gplt and xw processes that may
still be running, and if you find any, kill them off.

Then make sure your weather bulletins are being found in
your data directories as described here:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/getfile?file=/content/support/help/MailArchives/gempak/msg03716.html

The email support message above details the pqact entries and
$GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl
entries so that the WWFIL=winterwarn alias locates the data using the new NWS
CID
entries.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support