Re: 20041129: dcuair

Hi Steve,

Thanks a lot for your letter. I am pretty sure the problem arouse when I switched between versions but I don't know which version I was using before that was working fine. I'll do some testing with 5.7.2 and 5.7.3 which are already available in my office.
Thank you,
Javier

Unidata Support wrote:

Javier,

I have no trouble decoding the bulletins (including the
USMX01 KWBC 291200 RRA) which you provided using the
current distribution 5.7.4 on my SGI IRIX64 platform.

You are using a quite old version however, and I see that the DCMXBF parameter in $GEMPAK/include/bridge.h and BRIDGE.PRM
was increased from 16K to 100K in Dec 2002, eg:

* S. Jacobs/NCEP      12/02   Increased DCMXBF from 16kb to 100kb       *

My suggestion would be to either do a complete rebuilt of your distribution
with the DCMXBF parameter found above to 102400, or upgrade your distribution to
the current release. However, as always with decoders, since the content
of data streams changes with time, I'd always suggest upgrading to
keep current with the data streams (For example, dropsondes are supported
in the current distribution which likely weren't in 5.6.h).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support