20040924: Problem with gpnexr2 plot

James,

The velocity couplet actually display quite differently as tilt angle is varied.
The 2230 file I have shows available velocity tilts as:

TILT=list
 2: elev 0.490581
 3: elev 0.489972
 4: elev 0.483398
 6: elev 1.494262
 7: elev 1.497549
 8: elev 1.498645
 9: elev 2.389282
10: elev 2.373047
11: elev 2.381081
12: elev 3.394079
13: elev 3.390137
14: elev 3.388658
15: elev 4.274471
16: elev 4.262695
17: elev 5.988945
18: elev 9.900442
19: elev 14.601773
20: elev 19.509041

When I use TILT=.483398 (eg the lowest), I get your plot.

When I use TILT=.489972, the green is just a small portion,
and when I go to .490581 the green is gone.

So, that seems to be the data that is realy in the file,
and seems to be consistent in that it doesn't just disappear
from one tilt to the next, but there is some trending upward.

Have you investigated this through various levels at the times before
and after the 2230Z frame?

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support.