20040921: Question about garp & profiler data

--

Dan,

This is easiest done in NMAP2 (or snmap).

Verify that the PROF and PRO6 templates are configured in
$GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl as (watch line wraps in mailer of course):
PRO6         $GEMDATA/profiler         YYYYMMDD_6min.gem         CAT_SND
SCAT_SND    4   2880     -1
PROF         $GEMDATA/profiler         YYYYMMDD_pro.gem          CAT_SND
SCAT_SND    4   2880     -1

These entries are what I provide with the distribution, and match the
dcncprof actions for decoding the FSL netcdf 6 minute and hourly files
respectively. You will need to add the lines for prmlst.tbl as below.

In $GEMTBL/nmap, create 2 files: pro6_parms.tbl and prof_parms.tbl
with identical contents to define available parameters. The program
will work without these files, but having it allows you to edit the station
model.
!
!       PRO6_PARMS.TBL
!
! This table contains the available parameters used in the
! station model editing panel in NMAP for PRO6 data types.
!
!       pos_zero_flag:  1 = plot at position 0 only
!                       0 = plot at any position
!
! Log:
!
! parameter       pos_zero_flag
!
brbk:1:2:112      1
brbm:1:2          1
hght              0
drct              0
sped              0
wwnd              0
sigs              0
sigw              0
lmod              0
stid              0
stnm              0

Next, create product actions in $GEMTBL/config/prmlst.tbl:
!
!
^PROF_STND | PROF
SNPARM=BRBK:1:2:112;SPED;SPAC;STID;SPAC;SPAC;DRCT
COLORS=6;           2;        5;             3
VCOORD=HGHT
LEVEL=3000
FILTER=0
TEXT=1/21/HW
!
!
^PRO6_STND | PRO6
SNPARM=BRBK:1:2:112;SPED;SPAC;STID;SPAC;SPAC;DRCT
COLORS=6;           2;        5;             3
VCOORD=HGHT
LEVEL=3000
FILTER=0
TEXT=1/21/HW
!
!

The default plot level will be 3000m as per the prmlst.tbl entries,
but is user configurable in the "Data Selection Window" under
"Edit Source" which allows the user to select the vertical level.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support