20040918: gempak help

Andrea,

Verify that NAWIPS in /home/gempak/GEMPAK5.7.2p2/Gemenviron
(and Gemenviron.profile) is set to /home/gempak/GEMPAK5.7.2p2,
and then source the contents of the appropriate file into your shell
environment.

If you are using a csh, type:
source /home/gempak/GEMPAK5.7.2p2/Gemenviron

If you are using sh/bash/ksh type
. /home/gempak/GEMPAK5.7.2p2/Gemenviron.profile

Assuming that has been done, when running snlist, try
 SNFILE   = $GEMPAK/data/hrcbob.snd
 AREA     = dset
 DATTIM   = all
 SNPARM   = dset
 STNDEX   =
 LEVELS   = all
 VCOORD   = pres
 OUTPUT   = t
 MRGDAT   = y
 run

That should list out all soundings in the hrcbob.snd dataset.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support