20040913: ATCF data for WP

Nguyen,

When downloading ATCF files (the NHC site at ftp.nhc,noaa.gov
does not have Western Pacific, just atlantic, eastern pacific and central
pacific files), they are placed in a directory $SPDATA/atcf. The
NMAP2 program will look there for the MISC/ATCF data source. The GPMAP
program will also plot the files using the ATCF configuration
as described in "phelp atcf", for example:

ATCF = last|||YES|YES|YES|YES

NMAP2 will plot all the available tracks at a given time. GPMAP can
be configure to plot "last" or a specific time. To limit processing to
a single storm in GPMAP, use the 8th position to specify a name
of the storm such as:
ATCF = last|||YES|YES|YES|YES|IVAN

An example using gpmap is currently displayed at:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/

Steve CHiswell