configuring and sourcing Gemenviron

Steve,
I edited the Gemenviron file to make any necessary changes that were
apparent to me. The only change I made was to the "Top level directory:"
section where I now have "setenv NAWIPS /gempak/GEMPAK5.7.2p2".  I then
sourced the Gemenviron file ("source Gemenviron") from a  c shell (csh).
As a result I was able to start the NTL program, but none of the other
programs ran (garp, ntrans, etc.).  I get the following error message when
I try to run garp, ntrans, etc.:

0509-150   Dependent module libxlf90.a(math.o) could not be loaded.
0509-022  Cannot load module libxlf90.a(math.o).
0509-026  System error:  A file or directory in the path name does not
exist.

I did notice that in the Gemenviron file, the "CONFIGURATION directory"
section had the command:  "setenv CONFIGDIR $NAWIPS/config". The possible
problem I see with this command is that under my "$NAWIPS" path (directory
"/gempak/GEMPAK5.7.2p2") there is no "config" directory. Could this be a
problem?

Thanks, Russ

                      Unidata Support

                      <support@unidata.        To:       address@hidden

                      ucar.edu>                cc:       Unidata Support
<address@hidden>
                                               Subject:  20040616: 20040518:
compatible UNIX system for gempak/nawips
                      06/16/2004 04:06

                      PM

Russ,

You need to configure the Gemenviron file
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/GEMPAK5.7/Install_GEMPAK5.7.html

and the source the Gemenviron file into your shell environment to define
the
environment needed by the Gempak programs. You must do this before running
gempak commands (such as ntl, garp, etc).

For grib data, you need to convert the data into gempak grib files using
either dcgrib2 or nagrib. See the online help, or $NAWIPS/doc/User_guide
for specific program information:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/tutorial/outline.html
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/help_and_documentation/manual/index.html

I am out of the office until June 29. Also, don't have ability to look
at wordprocessor encoded attatchments. Please send text.

Steve Chiswell

>From: address@hidden

>--0__=08BBE426DFE731718f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE426DFE73171
>

>Steve (or other support staff),
>
>I've un-tarred the AIX binary for gempak, and am trying to get the program
>running. For example, how do I download model gribs, and then display them
>in Garp? I have the Gempak user manual, but can't find what I need to do.
>can't even figure out how to run the Garp program...do I need to start NTL
>(which I can't run either).
>
>What I've tried so far is to go to the directory  /bin/aix  and then run
>one of the programs:  garp, ntrans, ntl, but they won't run and I get the
>attached error:
>
>(See attached file: Doc3.doc)
>
>Thanks,
>Russ Mann
>Fire Weather Meteorologist (Nat Park Svc)
>Rocky Mountain Area Coordination Center
>Lakewood, CO
>303-445-4308
>address@hidden
>

>|---------+---------------------------->
>|         |           Unidata Support  |
>|         |           <support@unidata.|
>|         |           ucar.edu>        |
>|         |                            |
|         |           05/19/2004 02:10 |

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support

From address@hidden  Thu Jun 24 11:08:24 2004
Subject: Re: 20040616: 20040518: compatible UNIX system for gempak/nawips
To: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
From: address@hidden
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:08:13 -0600
        autolearn=no version=2.63

Steve,
I edited the Gemenviron file to make any necessary changes. I then sourced
the Gemenviron file from a  c shell (csh). As a result I was able to start
the ntl program, but none of the others ran (garp, ntrans, etc.). I got the
following error messeges:
0509-150   Dependent module libxlf90.

I did notice that in the Gemenviron file, the "CONFIGURATION directory"
section had the command:  "setenv CONFIGDIR $NAWIPS/config". The possible
problem I see with this command is that under my "$NAWIPS" path (directory
"/gempak/GEMPAK5.7.2p2") there is no "config" directory. Could this be a
problem?

                      Unidata Support

                      <support@unidata.        To:       address@hidden

                      ucar.edu>                cc:       Unidata Support
<address@hidden>
compatible UNIX system for gempak/nawips
                      06/16/2004 04:06

                      PM

Russ,

You need to configure the Gemenviron file
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/GEMPAK5.7/Install_GEMPAK5.7.html

and the source the Gemenviron file into your shell environment to define
the
environment needed by the Gempak programs. You must do this before running
gempak commands (such as ntl, garp, etc).

For grib data, you need to convert the data into gempak grib files using
either dcgrib2 or nagrib. See the online help, or $NAWIPS/doc/User_guide
for specific program information:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/tutorial/outline.html
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/help_and_documentation/manual/index.html

I am out of the office until June 29. Also, don't have ability to look
at wordprocessor encoded attatchments. Please send text.

Steve Chiswell

>From: address@hidden

>--0__=08BBE426DFE731718f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE426DFE73171
>

>Steve (or other support staff),
>
>I've un-tarred the AIX binary for gempak, and am trying to get the program
>running. For example, how do I download model gribs, and then display them
>in Garp? I have the Gempak user manual, but can't find what I need to do.
>can't even figure out how to run the Garp program...do I need to start NTL
>(which I can't run either).
>
>What I've tried so far is to go to the directory  /bin/aix  and then run
>one of the programs:  garp, ntrans, ntl, but they won't run and I get the
>attached error:
>
>(See attached file: Doc3.doc)
>
>Thanks,
>Russ Mann
>Fire Weather Meteorologist (Nat Park Svc)
>Rocky Mountain Area Coordination Center
>Lakewood, CO
>303-445-4308
>address@hidden

>|         |           Unidata Support  |
>|         |           <support@unidata.|
>|         |           ucar.edu>        |
|         |           05/19/2004 02:10 |