20040714: NAWIPS software compiled from source fails to run

Carter,

GEMPAK uses MOTIF. The errors below seem to indicate you do not have openmotif
installed. If you do not have Motif (openmotif), you may have linked against
lesstif which does not provide complete MOTIF functionality.

I build under RedHat/Fedora with the openmotif package installed
for testing and have not seen the type of error you refer to below.

You can check your Xm.h header file which is typically installed under
/usr/X11R6/include/Xm/Xh.h. It should provide the string: XmVERSION_STRING.

% grep XmVERSION_STRING Xm.h
#define XmVERSION_STRING "@(#)Motif Version 2.2.2"

If you are using lesstif, you would see something like:

% grep XmVERSION_STRING Xm.h
#define XmVERSION_STRING LesstifVERSION_STRING

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support