Re: GEMPAK and Macintosh OS X

David,

MacOSX doesn't support message queues needed for GEMPAK.
I have done all the work to build and test. The GUI and decoder
programs work fine. But Panther and Jaguar don't have the
system V ipc routines.
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/getfile?file=/content/support/help/MailArchives/gempak/msg05909.html
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/getfile?file=/content/support/help/MailArchives/gempak/msg05986.html
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/getfile?file=/content/support/help/MailArchives/gempak/msg05987.html

The Gemenviron I provide will recognize Darwin and set the necessary
build parameters. The Apple GCC distribution didn't have G77 at the
time, so I had to download that from fink, as well as openmotif.

Steve Chiswell