20040423: gpmap error

David,

At some point, your script has exited without clearing the message
queue, and the script now finds an existing gplt process or message queue but
can't connect.

You should be able to clear up your hung gplt processes and remove
any stray message queues by running the gempak cleanup script as:
cleanup -c

You should also use the "/bin/ps" command to search for any remaining device
drivers
(xw, gf, gif, ps etc) and gplt processes. Use "ipcs" to list your message queues
and verify that cleanup has removed all old ones that belong to you. The
cleanup script uses the "ipcrm" system command, which you can run manually too.

For more information about "ipcs" and "ipcrm", see the GEMPAK tutorial at
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/tutorial and/or the
GEMPAK mail archives.

Steve Chiswell