20040419: 20040409: Help with Gempak files!

>From: Leigh Cheatwood <address@hidden>

>--------------010307040208040204050609
>
>Hello,
>
>I appreciate all your help, but I have one more question. How do you
>obtain the 1991 satellite data? There are four files: two for visible
>and two for IR. The files are in the same directory as the hrcbob files.

The IR satellite images should be:
~/hrcbob/images/sat/GOES7/IR/IR_19910819_1801
~/hrcbob/images/sat/GOES7/IR/IR_19910819_1901
and VIS should be:
~/hrcbob/images/sat/GOES7/VIS/VIS_19910819_1901
~/hrcbob/images/sat/GOES7/VIS/VIS_19910819_1901

Note 4 digit years here. Back in 1991, the files were created before Y2K naming.
Then set the environmental variable SAT to be ~/hrcbob/images/sat.

>I am just curious on how to display them on nmap2. Also I can't seem to
>get the model data to work for the 1991081900.ngm211.gem file you gave

The name should be 1991081900_ngm211.gem, not as you have it.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport