20040402: Software to create RADAR composites

Mike,

the composites are created from programs provided in the
GEMPAK distribution:
gdradr for creating grids, gdgrib for creating the grib products
from the grid, and nex2gini for creating GINI format images.
Also, nex2img for creating just a GIF useful with GIS and mapserver
such as described by Daryl Herzman in the archives.

For examples, see:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/examples/gdradr/index.html

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport