20040204: metar decode

Jimmy,

The GEMPAK decoder dcmetr does decode the remarks section PK WND.
The separation between PK and WND is required by metar. PKWIND as
you show below would not be recognized as a decodable value.
The peak wind fields are available in the standard metar.pack file
used by the decoder as PKSP and PKDR for speed and direction.

The decoder will decode the pressure tendency 5//// group in the remarks,
but has there is no numeric assignment for PRESRR or PRESFR.

The full text of the report is available from sflist using
SFPARM=text;spcl
for regulat and special reports respectively if you want to look
at the report for the PRESRR . PRESFR remarks.

Steve Chiswell