20031223: sfmod and snmod problems

Jason,

SFMOD (snmod) are only reading (and transfering) the decoded
data values (SF_RDAT, SN_RDAT calls) and not the
stored text strings of the raw observations (eg SF_RSTR calls).
So, using SFMOD to transfer METARs will not move the raw observations
in TEXT and SPCL.

As for file sizes, aside from the raw text portions stored,
then the file sizes may not be the same depending on  missing
stations that might have been added to the original file (using -a
to dcmetr), as well as "COR" corrected reports, where
the data storage in the original file may have been changed
to a smaller value in the COR observation (but that would generally
be a smaller discrepancy than additional stations in the file).

Steve Chiswell.