20031229: GEMPAK GDRADR

Robert,

When you transfer NEXRAD data using ADDE, you are downloading
an AREA file, and not a NIDS file. I created GDRADR to composite
NIDS data and don't know what the result would be using AREA files-
but probably the calibration information for data range is
different than what is expected.

If you were to obtain NIDS data, then you should be able to
sucessfully run gdradr (and nex2gini and nex2img).

For AREA files with sensor 99, rather than "11" as is mapped
from GINI's 99. you'd want to duplicate the section of
the imgtyp.tbl file:
! Unidata GINI composite RADAR (ranges as defined in unidata/nex2gini.tbl)
RADAR                N0Z           0    255     11  2**24      1 osf_ref16.tbl
RADAR                NET           0    255     11  2**25      1 upc_net.tbl
RADAR                N0R           0    105     11  2**26      1 upc_rad24.tbl
RADAR                NCR           0    105     11  2**27      1 upc_rad24.tbl
RADAR                NVL           0    255     11  2**28      1 upc_nvl.tbl
RADAR                N1P           0    255     11  2**29      1 upc_n1p.tbl
RADAR                NTP           0    255     11  2**30      1 upc_ntp.tbl
replacing "11" with "99". You'll have to restart your gplt or GUI
after making changes to imgtype.tbl to avoid any caching of old values.

If you still have trouble, then send me your imgtype.tbl with sample data file.

Steve Chiswell