20031106: GAREA <> GAREA?

Rob,

When you specify an upper right point so close to the pole, you
will be very sensitive to the convergence of longitudes such that a
small change in latitude makes a large difference in your plot.

An example of an area for Canada is provided in the
$GEMTBL/stns/geog.tbl with garea=37.90;-120.40;58.60;-14.00, and could be
quickly used with:

GAREA=cn
PROJ=def

The default projection would specify STR/0-;-95;0, but it serves as
a starting point to explain projections. Also see:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/tutorial/projections.html

Steve Chiswell