20031104: Gempak - solaris - conversion of eta model data to gempack format

>From: "sherrie fredrick" <address@hidden>

>Institution:  / ncar - mmm division
>Package Version: gempak _upc5.6
>Operating System: solaris
>Hardware Information: sun work station
>Inquiry: Hi , I am trying to use nagrib to convert eta surface
>model data to gempack format so I can view it with
>Garp.  I got the data from the NCAR mass store .
>Nagrib does not seem to work on the data the error
>message I get is -16, error getting next message.
>
>  Am I using the wrong program to convert it to
>gempack format.  I have also tried using dcgrib and was
>not able to use this either.
>

>       Thanks,
>       Sherrie Fredrick

Sherrie,

NAGRIB will complain if there is non GRIB info in the file.

DCGRIB2 is prefered over the older DCGRIB (which is depricated).

A sample of the data file may be helpful to determine what you data actually is.

Steve Chiswell