Gempak - SunOS - bug in ncolor -- *.clr files are corrupt

Institution: University of Washington / Department of Atmospheric Sciences
Package Version: 5.6.H
Operating System: SunOS
Hardware Information: Ultra 10
Inquiry: [My browser indicated an email error on first attempt.  Sorry if this
is a duplicate.]
Somewhere between version 5.6.A and 5.6.H ncolor developed a bug.  The *.clr
files that it saves  are corrupt.  Here's how to test it:
  1) mkdir /tmp/junk; cd /tmp/junk
  2) lwp-request "http://www.atmos.washington.edu/~ovens/coltbl.xwp";
     [also included as an attachment]
  3) source ~ldm/NAWIPS-5.6.H/Gemenviron
  4) ncolor
     click on a color and save the file to
     test2[.clr]
     exit
  5) /bin/rm coltbl.xwp
  6) ncolor
     [now you should see default colors]
     click on a color and load test2.clr
The colors are corrupt.  I see this in SunOS and Linux.  This procedure works
fine in Gempak 5.6.A on SunOS (and a pseudo-color display in Linux).