GEMPAK modifications contributions : anyone interested in these modifications?

Hi Steve,
Hi everyone,

I made many modifications in GEMPAK, I don't know if a few could be interesting to include in the next official version (it would also save me some work each time GEMPAK is updated ;-) ). I will only list the modified files for now and send you the ones you think could be included.

1) SFUK packing table (European lightning data : sferics)
gempak/tables/pack/sfuk.pack

2) SFUK decoder (European lightning data : sferics)
I built the decoder from scratch, so the source code may not comply to GEMPAK standards.

3) Tenth precision in precip amounts for dclsfc
gempak/tables/pack/sfsyn.pack
gempak/tables/pack/lsfc.pack

4) 30 min bins for dcmetr
gempak/source/bridge/dc/dcgtim.f
gempak/source/bridge/mt/mtdcod.f

5) 30 min bins and also SPECI included in decoded data in a separate instance of dcmetr called dcmetr_speci
gempak/source/bridge/dc/dcgtim.f
gempak/source/bridge/mt/mtdcod.f

6) 1h bins SYNOP data in a separate instance of dclsfc called dclsfc_1h
gempak/source/bridge/ls/lsgemp.f

7) GEMCLRBAR environment variable added to control the display of the colorbar
gempak/source/gemlib/im/imdrop.f

8) More complete list of european/canadian stations, as well as ordering changes
gempak/tables/stns/sfmetar_sa.tbl
gempak/tables/stns/lsfstns.tbl

9) More complete upper-air soundings stations list
cat snstns.tbl snstns_land.tbl snstns_ship.tbl > snall.tbl

10) Europe-decoded MAX/MIN temperatures
gempak/source/bridge/ls/lstemp.f
gempak/source/bridge/ls/lswgem.f

Also, any hope to see values like 10.2 displayed by sfmap or related programs?

Thanks,

Christian Pagé
address@hidden
http://meteocentre.com/    http://meteoalerte.com/

Etudiant au Doctorat en Sciences de l'environnement UQAM
+1 514 987 3000 ext. 2376