Re: GPNEXR2 GIF Driver

Steve,

Missed that in the 5.6.K distribution.

You'll need to add the lines:
          case IFNEX2:  /* NEXRAD Level2 files */

            crnex2 ( filnam, &ier ) ;
            break;

to the $GEMPAK/source/driver/active/gif/wsatim.c file switch statement
to match the $GEMPAK/source/driver/active/xw/xsatim.c routine (which
is used by xw, gf, and png).

Similarly with $GEMPAK/source/driver/active/ps/psatim.c.

Steve Chiswell

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Steve Ansari wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm having trouble with the GIF driver in the GPNEXR2 program.  When
> attempting to create an image, I get the error message "NIMGFMT -
> Invalid image format".  I don't get this error when using the GF or PNG
> driver but I need the GIF driver because I'm producing GIFs in a batch
> job without an x-server.  I have been successfully using GPMAP with the
> GIF driver for some time and have had no problems.  Has anyone else had
> this problem?  Thanks for your help.
> Steve Ansari

begin:vcard
n:Ansari;Steve
tel;work:(828) 271-4611
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:NCDC/STG, Inc;Data Processing Branch
adr:;;151 Patton Ave.;Asheville;NC;28804;
version:2.1
email;internet:address@hidden
title:GIS Programmer
fn:Steve Ansari