20030725: still having Gempak problems

Gerry,

I reset the datatype.tbl entry for METAR back to YYYYMMDD_sao.gem.
This also matches the Garp_defaults template for
surfaceT  : $(surface)/@(YYYYMMDD)_sao.gem

I found in your pqact.conf file, a botched set of lines:
DDS|IDS ^S[AP][ACHMNPUX][AEKMNSUWX].. .... ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])
        STDIOFILE
/usr/local/ldm/data/ddplus/surface/(\1:yy)(\1:mm)\1\2.SAA
        PIPE    /usr/local/bin/dcmetr -v 1 -b 9 -m 24
        -d data/gempak/logs/dcmetr.log
        -e GEMTBL=/usr/local/GemPak5.6/gempak/tables
        /usr/local/ldm/data/gempak/surface/(\1:yy)(\1:mm)\1\2_sf.gem

There you have 1 pattern/action and then an action for dcmetr with no
pattern preceeding. I commented out the  3rd through 6th lines.

You later have another dcmetr invocation, which I restored to match
the YYYYMMDD_sao.gem file name as I reset in datatype.tbl.

I then sucessded running sflist:
 GEMPAK-SFLIST>l
 SFFILE   = metar
 AREA     = @co
 DATTIM   = all
 SFPARM   = dset
 OUTPUT   = T
 IDNTYP   = STID
 GEMPAK-SFLIST>

So, NMAP2 should be happy as well as garp for metar.

Upper air: ran snlist with success (did not make any changes):
 SNFILE   = uair
 AREA     = @dnr
 DATTIM   = all
 SNPARM   = dset
 STNDEX   = SHOW
 LEVELS   = all
 VCOORD   = PRES
 OUTPUT   = t
 MRGDAT   = YES
 GEMPAK-SNLIST>

Ship: ran sflist with success (no changes)
 SFFILE   = ship|030725/1200
 AREA     = dset
 DATTIM   = 1200
 SFPARM   = dset
 OUTPUT   = t
 IDNTYP   = STID
 GEMPAK-SFLIST>

Synop: ran sflist with success (no changes)
 SFFILE   = synop
 AREA     = dset
 DATTIM   = 1200
 SFPARM   = dset
 OUTPUT   = t
 IDNTYP   = STID

Mos: ran sflist with success (no changes)
 SFFILE   = ngmmos
 AREA     = @den
 DATTIM   = all
 SFPARM   = dset
 OUTPUT   = t
 IDNTYP   = STID
 GEMPAK-SFLIST>

I next noted that you are not currently requesting the HDS data stream. You
have:
request  IDS|DDPLUS|CONDUIT|UNIWISC|DIFAX|WSI  ".*"  coriolis.met.tamu.edu

This means that you will not be receiving any of the NOAAPORT grid
products/models. Is that your intention?

For satellite images in the UNIWISC (aka MCIDAS feed), it appears that on or
about Jul 14, you deleted the ldm-mcidas decoder pnga2area which is
used for the MCIDAS pattarens pqact.conf to unpack the images
from the datastream into McIDAS area files. So, your ldmd.log file shows:

pipe_dbufput: -closepnga2area-vl/usr/local/ldm/logs/ldm-mcidas.logdata
    /gempak/images/sat/SOUNDER/14km/CAPE/CAPE_20030725_1800 write error

You will need to obtain the ldm-mcidas.tar.Z package and re-install.

You aren't requesting NLDN data, so no $GEMDATA/nldn data.

At this point, I'll wait to get some answers back from you regarding
HDS, NLDN and ldm-mcidas decoders. Enough for a Friday afternoon.

Steve Chiswell