[no subject]

To: address@hidden
cc: support-gempak@unidta
Subject: 20030714: Cross section
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:30:59 -0600
From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>

Dusty,

I'm assuming from your past questions that you are using sounding data.
The program SNCROSS can plot a time series at a single station,
of a spatial cross section at a single time.

For X axis representing time, and Y axis representing height,
you would set CXSTNS to the station id or WMO number
(eg CXSTNS=72365 or CXSTNS=ABQ). The Upper air file should
contain all the times for the station. If your data is in
separate daily files, then you would use SNMOD to copy
data to a single file.

The DATTIM parameter allows you to specify the time range to be plotted,
while the TAXIS parameter lets you configure the time axis.

For example, I have the ABQ soundings from July 11 to July 14 in the file
abq.gem ( I copied them from the daily files using SNMOD).

 CXSTNS   = abq
 SNPARM   = SKNT              !<-- optional parameter to contour
 SNFILE   = abq.gem
 DATTIM   = 11/0000-14/1200
 VCOORD   = pres
 PTYPE    = log
 YAXIS    =
 TAXIS    = 11/0000-14/1200-12
 LINE     = 2
 BORDER   = 3;6;0/1/2;1
 CINT     = 5
 WIND     = bk5               !<-- plot wind spped in knots using
directional barbs
 TITLE    = 6
 PANEL    = 0
 DEVICE   = xw