20030709: 20030709: N-AWIPS V. GEMPAK

Dusty,

GEMPAK was used by NWS/SOO-SAC program. See the COMET pages for more
information there. It is still developed by NCEP in support of the National
Centers ( such as the Aviation Weather Ceneter, Storm Prediction Ceneter,
Tropical Prediction Center, Marine Prediction center).

Until you use a "dc" program, you have not used a decoder.
Graphics are handled by device drivers (see the tutorial)
in mapping and graphing programs (like SFMAP, SNMAP, GDCNTR, etc).

Steve Chiswell