20030623: Another question....this one about displaying warnings

Kevin,

There are 2 different ways to display warnings.

1) The dcwarn decoder that you are using store the information in the
   decoded files you mention below (this is an NCEP decoder).

   You can display these notifications in GPMAP or NMAP2 as the
   red, blue, green markers. The datatype.tbl entry you need to
   check on is "WARN", which as I provide the distribution is
   set to $GEMDATA/storm/warn. If your GEMDATA variable is set to
   /usr1/nawips/metdat, then you are good to go. Otherwise, make sure
   you are setting GEMDATA correctly.

   In NMAP2, you will see this data when you use the data type "MISC"
   and select "WARN".

   In GPMAP. see the help information on configuring "WARN" as one of the
   parameters.

2) I provide a program called "GPWARN". This program will use the
   raw/undecoded bulletins (from the NWX tree) to plot zone and county
   outlines.

   See the online help for gpwarn for examples on plot settings.
   The WWFIL templates that I defined in for use in GPWARN are:
   WWFIL    = nonpcpwarn;winterwarn;floodwarn;tstormwarn;tornadowarn

   each of these is defined in datatype.tbl, eg:
! Text files for warnings
TORNADOWARN  $TEXT_WARN/torn_warn      YYYYMMDDHH.torn           ....etc.
TSTORMWARN   $TEXT_WARN/tstrm_warn     YYYYMMDDHH.tstrm          ....etc.
FLOODWARN    $TEXT_DATA/fflood/warn    YYYYMMDDHH.warn           ....etc.
WINTERWARN   $TEXT_WARN/winter         YYYYMMDDHH.winter         ....etc.
NONPCPWARN   $TEXT_WARN/noprcp         YYYYMMDDHH.noprcp         ....etc.

The environmental variables TEXT_WARN and TEXT_DATA are set in the Gemenviron
file
(TEXT_DATA is the root of the NWX data tree, and TEXT_WARN is
$TEXT_DATA/watch_warn).

If you use the NWX file action I provide, and then $TEXT_DATA would most
likely point to /usr1/nawips/metdat/nwx on your system.

Steve Chiswell