20030521: Question about RUC Grid #

>From: "Kevin Polston" <address@hidden>

>Hi,
>
>I am trying to do an hourly LI using the RUC 500 MB temps in place of
>the observed 500 mb Temps. according to my pqact.conf file I am
>downloading RUC grid #236 (or option [w]).  The problem is in my grid
>navigation table I don't see the 236 grid information. I was hoping you
>might have that and be able to send it to me. I was able to use the 6 hr
>ETA 500 MB temp forecast and create an hourly sfc ETA LI but I want to
>be able to do it with the RUC as well. So I would appreciate it if you
>could send me that info. Currently all I have for the RUC is grid #87
>and that is not compatible with the RUC data I am downloading.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Kevin Polston
>Senior Instructor, NWSTC
>Kansas City MO 64152
>
>816-880-9314 ext 273

Kevin,

you can use gdinfo to print out the navigation information of the decoded grid
#236. The grib decoders will use the GDS block within the data to define
the grid, so they don't need the information to be in grdnav.tbl.

If you are creating a file in gdcfil, you can copy the navigation from a decoded
ruc file to a new file in CPYFIL by specifying the RUC- or you can specify the
projection and bounds information using the values output by gdinfo.

Steve Chiswell