20030505: 20030503: Unidata binary of nwx core dumps with surface obs

Robert,

I'm trying to follow your steps below, but you don't mention the same
categories that I have. Lets verify:

1) Open nwx
2) Click on "Observed Data", you said "surface obs" which is not in my dist
3) Click on "Surface Hourlies"
4) Set time range
5) Click on station

The master.tbl entry for SFC_HRLY is:
SFC_HRLY     sfstns.tbl   O $GEMDATA/surface                         _sao.gem

That is expecting files named yyyymmdd_sao.gem in $GEMDATA/surface.
If thats not what you have, then lets see what master.tbl entries you are using.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support