20030501: NLDN to Netcdf?

Jeffrey,

I can answer your question in regards to GEMPAK.

You are not limited to using Garp to display the NLDN data in GEMPAK.
Garp is only a GUI application. Similarly NMAP2 can display the data
from a GUI perspective.

The dcnldn data decodes the NLDN data to a standard GEMPAK surface ship
format file. You can use any of the SF programs to display or output the
data (eg SFMAP to display the data, or SFLIST to output the data for
some other use such as IDV).

GEMPAK and McIDAS both include decoders for NLDM to their own formats.
I don't know of a NetCDF output decoder.

Steve Chiswell