GCC, GEMPAK, and Solaris x86

I made a mention a while back from my Universal job that it would be
nice to have the ability to compile GEMPAK with GCC on Solaris x86.

I will throw in that we could use that at NSBF as well.  We are getting
two new Dells that I will be putting Solaris 9 x86 on, and I would like to
use GCC on those boxes so I can get away from the SC5.0 compilers on our
old box.  I would like to be able to optimize more and be able to make
code mods.

As at Universal, I wouldn't require any Solaris x86 GEMPAK/GCC binaries.

Thanks,
Robert Mullenax