20030314: GEMPAK and FreeBSD

Neil,

When I make the GEMPAk 5.6.J release, building for
FreeBSD will be "make -i everything".

The "-i" flag will make make ignore the brain damaged 1 second
time granularity  on time stamps of the .a and .o files.
Otherwise, no other special configurations will be necessary
if you have openmotif installed.

Steve Chiswell

>From: "Neil R. Smith" <address@hidden>

>Tom, this LDM-6 machine will be replacing our primary node, coriolis, when
>finally configured, tested and ready for duty.
>
>Also, did Chiz get wind of my interest in freebsd-specific gempak install
>guidelines?
>
>-Neil

>From address@hidden Thu Mar 13 19:02:53 2003
>Subject: Re: 20030313: incomplete logging in ldmd.log (cont.)

>>Now if we could get a gempak and mcidas out-of-the-box
>>freebsd build, we'd really be happy campers!
>
>You can.  Unidata McIDAS has worked on FreeBSD for some time (yet
>I made a couple of code modifications that will be in the v2002b
>addendum that I will release next week (hopefully).  Chiz has
>GEMPAK building on FreeBSD out of the box also.

Can Chiz provide instructions for his freebsd out of the box build?
I don't see a config/Makinc. file for freebsd in gempak 5.6.h, and
NA_OS is undefined in Gemenviron.

And what does he do for motif on freebsd? Is there a pre-built
package for freebsd and how does one get it?

Your help much appreciated. -Neil

PS: I sent my ldmd.conf file as you requested. Let me know if
    you didn't get it.

---
Neil R. Smith, Comp. Sys. Mngr.         address@hidden
Dept. Atmospheric Sci., Texas A&M Univ. 979/845-6272