20030224: GEMPAK RH8.0 Xvfb

Daryl,

Did you compile the package (GEMPAK) locally, or are you using a binary release?
5.6.h.1? (I don't recall ever making a relese with that number).
Could be something in the X libraries that your Xvfb is linked against
that has changes....or the GEMPAK program.

I would suggest using the command "ldd" to see what libraries your
different versions of Xvfb are linked against. Some X libraries changed
between RH 7.3 and 8.0, so its possible that a shareable library is
mis-matched. Were using the gf device driver (through gplt) with your Xvfb....
or were you using a program that was directly linked such as gdcntr_gf?

Steve Chiswell