New Installation LDM and Gempak

Our old friend louisxiv crashed last week when our System Administrator went
in for emergency surgery.  As we have just moved into a new building, with a
dedicated synoptic lab, I have been trying to install ldm and GEMPAK on our
new Sun Server running SunOS version 8.  My question concerns decoders.  I
have spent the last two hours on the website, and I haven't found a clear
answer.  (Since louisxiv is dead I can't just get my files from the drive
there

Here are my questions:

Do I just download the decoders.tar.Z file to the /usr/local/ldm/decoders
directory and untar it?

Where are the GEMPAK decoders located?  Do I just copy them into the
/usr/local/ldm/decoders directory?

I tried running the gen_pqact.csh program but I get this response:

Generating pqact.gempak file using:
   GEMTBL = /Nawips/gempak5.6/gempak/tables
   GEMPAK = /Nawips/gempak5.6/gempak
cat: cannot open templates/pqact.gempak_decoders.in
cat: cannot open templates/pqact.gempak_nwx
cat: cannot open templates/pqact.gempak_images
cat: cannot open templates/pqact.gempak_nexrad

even though all the pqact ------ files are located in the templates
subdirectory.

Sorry to hassle you about this, the installation guides for both ldm and
gempak are very well written but the instructions on decoders are kind of
sparse.

Jim

*  Dr.  James C. St. John
*  School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
*  Georgia Institute of Technology
*  1254 Ford Motor Co. ES&T Building
*  Atlanta GA 30332-0340
*  Phone:    404-894-1754