20021202: generating meta files on the fly in pqact.conf

David,

You would generally use the EXEC action from pqact based on receipt
of a particular header to execute a shell script that runs a gempak
program environment.

Most of the time however, you will probably want to generate a series
of plots in an Nmeta file, so keying on a single WMO pattern in the data
stream is probably not the thing you want to do, unless you are
logging the receipt of each 500mb height grid for example, and then
will run the script as soon as all the requisite pieces are present
(or via cron if as a last resort if some pieces turn up missing).

The scripting process is generally a matter of creating a work directory,
such as $GEMDATA/tmp/work.$$ (using the process id of the script
as a directory name keeps scripts from stelling on each other),
and then creating the products and moving them to your $NTRANS_META/...
tree.

If you have specifics on what product you want to kick off from the LDM, I
can give you some pointers there.

Steve Chiswell