20021121: gdradr

Tom,

The ucnids program doesn't do anything about creating
composite products, or even projecting the data from radials.
All it does is uncompress the nids product from the zlib compressed
nexrad format to the uncompressed nexrad format..

The datatype.tbl value that I created for gdradr is NEXRIII
for specifying the the path and product template.
Garp and NMAP are only interested in the RAD template
for finding the head of the data tree.

If you have changed the NEXRIII paramater, I will need to see
what you are using. If you are using another file naming scheme,
I would need to look at that too...since my advertising of the
program matches the pqact.conf examples I provide.

If gdradr is just returning, then it probably isn't finding any
radar files of the specified GDPFUN parameter (such as
GDPFUN=n0r ! net ! ncr), or isn't
finding any within the desired window of time (RADTIME and RADDUR).
So, look there as well as the NEXRIII template which should look like:
NEXRIII      $RAD/NIDS/%SITE%/%PROD%   %PROD%_YYYYMMDD_HHNN ...etc...
for products named like:
$RAD/NIDS/FTG/N0R/N0R_20021121_2315

(The LDM pqact.conf action I provide uses the above naming scheme
getting the N0R and FTG from the PIL identifier for the product.

Gdlist can pront out the data values. If you need to plot out
the lat/lon values, use GFUNC=mul(latr,RTD) and
GFUNC=mul(lonr,RTD).

Typically, you should see the program open the station table,
then for each file directory that matches the $RAD/NIDS/%SITE%/%PROD%
template, and if a product os used, you will get a status line to that
effect, or you will see a message that the product is too old.
Since you are seeing nothing (presumably you are using the
standard nexrad station table), then it is most likely that your NEXRIII
specification is incorrect.

Steve Chiswell