20021119: GIF driver

Charles,

The GIF driver does not use the DISPLAY environmental variable.
It sounds as if either you are using the gf or xw driver somewhere in your
script for the DEVICE, or are using a program such as one of the _gf programs
which is directly linked against the gf driver, and therefore the DEVICE
setting will have no consequence.

Steve Chiswell