20021114: oabsfc, first guess and sfparm=pany

>From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Christian_Pag=E9?= <address@hidden>

>Hi,
>
>Thank you, it works very well with gddiag. By the way, specifing
>guess=file*f012 also works.
>Is there a way to detect a missing model field, since if the model
>field is not available I don't want to use the first guess since in
>that case it would stop the oabsfc program with an error.
>
>Thanks,

The easiest way to detect a missing PMSL model field would be to
use the gdinfo program, with GLEVEL=0, GVCORD=none, GFUNC=PMSL,
GDATTIM=f012, and OUTPUT=f/filnam.

If the grid does not exist, then the output in filnam will have
a message similar to:
[GDU 2]  Did not find any matching grids

Then you could have you script chose the correct setting for GUESS.

Steve Chiswell