20021015: gempak install

>From: William C Klein <address@hidden>

>I'm stuck at an early point in the gempak install.
>
>[ aeolus : root : /usr/local/gempak/comet/garp ]
>[ 103 ] > tail -f make.out
>make: Warning: Can't find `/usr/local/gempak/config/Makeinc.common': No
>such file or directory
>make: Fatal error in reader:
>/usr/local/gempak/comet/garp/config/Makeinc.common, line 3: Read of
>include file `/usr/local/gempak/config/Makeinc.common' failed
>
>Any pointers?
>
>Thanks,
>Bill
>
>---------------------
>William C. Klein
>Webmaster
>Valparaiso University

Bill,

It sounds like you downloaded the binary distribution of GEMPAK. If so,
then there is nothing to build. The executables are in the $GEMEXE
directory (defined when you source the Gemenviron file after editing
the NAWIPS variable in that file).

The build instructions on the GEMPAK web site are for building the executables
from the source distribution, which contains the full source code trees.

Steve Chiswell