20020919: 5.6h NMap2 not auto-updating?

If you click on the "Help" button in NMAP2, and then select "Data Selection",
you will find, among other documentation:

IX. "Auto Update" - Setting Auto-update On/Off

The "Auto Update" pop up controls whether auto-update is turned on or off.
Auto-update currently only applies to loops that have image, i.e., radar
or satellite, data sets as the dominant data source.  If auto-update is turned
on, NMAP checks the loops image data directory every thirty seconds for a new
image.  If a new image is found, it is loaded into the latest frame in the
loop.  The oldest frame is deleted to maintain the same number of frames
in the loop.   Other data sets in the loop are also re-loaded and time matched
to the updated image.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support