20020911: GDSTAT

>From: "J. Correia" <address@hidden>

>i run gdstat and get this error :
>
> GDFILE    Grid file                         lapavn_02.grd
> GDOUTF    Output grid file                  lapavn_02.grd
> GDATTIM   Grid date/time                    all
> GLEVEL    Grid level                        500
> GVCORD    Grid vertical coordinate          pres
> GFUNC     Scalar grid                       laph
> GRDNAM    Grid parameter name
> Parameters requested: GDFILE,GDOUTF,GDATTIM,GLEVEL,GVCORD,GFUNC,GRDNAM.
> GEMPAK-GDSTAT>gdattim=020101/0000f000-020131/0000f000-24
> GEMPAK-GDSTAT>r
> [TG 0] 020101/0000f000-020131/0000f000-24
> GDSTAT PARAMETERS
>
> Found 30 grids
> Times: 020101/00F00-31/00F00
> Average grid name:             AVELAPH
> Standard deviation grid name:  SDVLAPH
> Count grid name:               CNTLAPH
>
>Enter <cr> to accept parameters or type EXIT:
> [GD -4]  File not open.
> [GDSTAT -7]  Error writing grid AVELAPH to output file.
> [GD -4]  File not open.
> [GDSTAT -7]  Error writing grid SDVLAPH to output file.
> [GD -4]  File not open.
> [GDSTAT -7]  Error writing grid CNTLAPH to output file.
> Parameters requested: GDFILE,GDOUTF,GDATTIM,GLEVEL,GVCORD,GFUNC,GRDNAM.
> GEMPAK-GDSTAT>
>

>the file has plenty of room for more grids. are the names too long? any
>ideas?
>jimmyc

Jimmy,

I'm not sure what the trouble is. Do you have write permission to the
GDOUTF?

What version of GEMPAK are you running (eg type "version" at the gdcross
prompt). It might be necessary to send me a sample file. Would it be possible
for you to create a new file with gdcfil of the same projection and use gdmod
to copy over the 500mb laph grids? If we can't see an easy solution, I'll
probably need to download your grid file and give it a whirl here.

Steve Chiswell