20020904: nex2gini problems with 248NM Reflectivity

>From: "Robert Mullenax" <address@hidden>

>Even though the data is of lesser quality I wanted
>to make composites of the 248NM reflectivity (N0Z)
>to look further into the Gulf and to look further
>into data void regions in New Mexico.  When I run nex2gini
>using gfunc=n0z, it creates the file but at the end says:
>
>warning header being truncated to 18 characters
>
>and the resulting file can't be viewed in GEMPAK or McIDAS.
>Is there something intrinsically different about the N0Z
>product?
>
>Thanks,
>Robert Mullenax

Robert,

I didn't put an entry for N0Z into the $GEMTBL/unidata/nex2gini.tbl file
(I'll make the code handle that possibility in the new release to generate
a generic header).

What you need is in the above file is an entry:
N0Z       25    1 dBZ,0,255,0,75            TICZ99 CHIZ

Then, just define the band in the $GEMTBL/sat/imgtype.tbl file:
RADAR                N0Z           0    255     11  2**24      1 osf_ref16.tbl

Steve Chiswell