20020904: GEMPAK license

>From: "Mao, Qi" <address@hidden>

Qi,

>I am a government employee and would like to use the GEMPAK software for
>non-profit purpose.  Would you grant me a license permission to use GEMPAK
>at no charge?

The process of getting licensed for software that Unidata makes available
requires that you register as a Unidata user.  This is easily done online
at:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/user.php?op=new_user

You can get to this link through the GEMPAK HomePage:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak

One thing to note is that we do not provide full support for any of
our packages to non-university participants.

The following is the license disclaimer distributed with GEMPAK 5.6:

"GEMPAK was developed by the National Aeronautics and Space
Administration and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
GEMPAK is provided by UCAR on an "AS IS" basis and any warranties,
either express or implied, including but not limited to implied
warranties of noninfringement, originality, merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose, are disclaimed. UCAR will not be obligated to
provide the user with any support, consulting, training or assistance of
any kind with regard to the use, operation and performance of GEMPAK nor
to provide the user with any updates, revisions, new versions, error
corrections or "bug" fixes. In no event will UCAR be liable for any damages,
whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, consequential or special, which may
result from an action in contract, negligence or other claim that arises
out of or in connection with the access, use or performance of GEMPAK
including infringement actions."

>Thank you,
>
>Qi Mao
>Air, Land and Water Sciences