Re: 20020807: Problem with GEMPAK5.6f

Steve,

Thanks for you advice. GEMPAK did locate all the necessary files in
/opt/SUNWspro, but the machine we're using is using Solaris 2.6. So, after
downloading the appendix library files, dcgrib2 now works (had to eliminate
reference to SUNWspro in the library path...otherwise, it kept ignoring the new
library directory...regardless of ordering in the .cshrc file). I guess I was
lucky that earlier GEMPAK versions were compatible with Solaris 2.6.

James

> James,
>
> Its possible that your SparcWorks libraries are a little old.
> The programs are linked against SUN WS6.0.
>
> Run the ldd command to see if it complains about not finding the Fortran
> shared libraries:
>
> ldd $GEMEXE/dcgrib2
>

> Here I get:
> ldd $GEMEXE/dcgrib2
>         libm.so.1 =>     /opt/SUNWspro/lib/libm.so.1
>         libsocket.so.1 =>        /usr/lib/libsocket.so.1
>         libnsl.so.1 =>   /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1
>         libF77.so.4 =>   /opt/SUNWspro/lib/libF77.so.4
>         libM77.so.2 =>   /opt/SUNWspro/lib/libM77.so.2
>         libsunmath.so.1 =>       /opt/SUNWspro/lib/libsunmath.so.1
>         libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1
>         libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
>         libmp.so.2 =>    /usr/lib/libmp.so.2
>         /usr/platform/SUNW,Ultra-2/lib/libc_psr.so.1
>
> The most likely problems would be in not finding the libsunmath.so.1
> and libF77.so.4, libM77.so.2 libs.
>
> If necessary, I provided the Solaris fortran libraries that you could
> download
> if you do not have the current ones installed.
> You could download them to $GEMLIB and add that directory to the front
> of your LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable so that they are found before
> any in your /opt/SUNWspro/lib directory.
>
> Steve Chiswell
> Unidata User Support

--------------------------------------
James Murakami