20020722: Hold off on previous query

John,

Too late.....

I'm assuming you recognized the FLINE problem for the blue sea
you were getting as that the color 0 needs to be at the high end of your range
and you only need 4 colors, eg:

FLINE   0;23-17/1;2        !              !             !29-26;0       !

Also, to avoid the CLRBAR overlap, you can use something like:
CLRBAR  1/v/ll/.005;.05    !              !             ! 1/v/ll/.97;.05 !

When using multiple fills however, you might want to consider what
is likely to be on top, and if it will obscure something beneath.

You will see that in the FLINE help, you can chose between solid fills
and line hashing fills. The restore file you sent does use the
hashing (alternating with color fill) ....but maybe what you want is
solid color fills for the 1000mb heights and hashing for
the vorticity....lots to play with.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support