20020503: Quick question about NTRANS

>From: "Robert Mullenax" <address@hidden>

>Something I have always wondered about NTRANS..Would it be
>possible to add a zoom feature to it?
>
>Thanks,
>Robert Mullenax

Yes...
I built a Java display program about 5 years ago to view the
ntrans files- with remote access. The code set was pretty easy
to replicate- so I can look at the zooming issue.

The Nmeta files are in raw coordinates from 0 to 32767, but
since the lines & text are vector (like postscript), zooming
would be a reasonable option. The advantage to postscript
is that the PS driver supports image display, where the NC
driver does not.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support