20020308: Getting access to LDM data at CMC

>From: "Bensimon,Dov [CMC]" <address@hidden>

Dov,

>As you are undoubtedly already aware, we have recently upgraded our LDM
>software and got it up and running, so as to provide GEM data to the LDM
>user community at large.  In order to both monitor the availability of our
>data and to make GEMPAK-based tools available to our meteorologists, we'd be
>interested in obtaining GEMPAK from Unidata for use here at CMC.  What
>particular package would you recommend in this case (the basic GEMPAK,
>AWIPS, GARP, etc?), and what do you suggest is the best way of obtaining
>this?
>
>Thanks in advance for your help.

In order to get access to Unidata-distributed packages, you must first
register as a Unidata user.  Since you want GEMPAK, the easiest way to
do this is to go through the Unidata GEMPAK HomePage:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/

Click on 'Register as a Unidata User', and follow instructions.  After
registering, you will need to go to the 'Download Software' link under
the GEMPAK HomePage and download what you need.

>Dov
>
>Dov Bensimon
>Météorologue/Meteorologist
>Environnement Canada/Environment Canada
>CMC, 2121 Rte Transcanadienne, Local 201
>Dorval, Québec
>Canada H9P 1J3
>Tél: (514) 421-7256

Tom Yoksas