20020222: jmagrib3.tbl

>From: "Siffert, Andy" <address@hidden>

>Hello,
>I'm trying to convert some a grib file of the JMA GSM  into a .gem file.
>One of the problem I think I'm having is I need the: jmagrib3.tbl
>[7891] 020222/1212 [NA -1]  The table jmagrib3.tbl cannot be opened.
>Where can I obtain this file.
>Thanks,
>Andy

Andy,

You only need to provide the $GEMTBL/grid/jmagrib3.tbl if your
data has parameter numbers in the range 128-255. Parameters numbered
from 0-127 will be defined in the wmogrib3.tbl. But, the log will continue
to mention that the table is not found. At the very least you can create the
file wioth the parameter 255 (MISS) line which is found in the other
center tables (like the cmc).

If your data does have jma specifc parameters, then you have to obtain the
table version 3 definitions of these parameters from the jma or where
you are obtaining the data from, and create the parameter values
for the table. At this point in time, we do not have access to any of the JMA
data, so I don't have predefined tables for them

Steve Chiswell