20020211: GEMPAK under RedHat Linux 7.2

R.
I need more specifics other than "doesn't work". What doesn't work?
Does "ntl" not launch signifying a color table problem? Or, do none
of the programs, like "sflist", run which would signigy something
like a glibc problem.

If your users truely want GNOME, then the best solution at present is
to configure 2 X servers on the system (vt7 and vt8) that you
can hotswap between the servers at any time using
ctl-alt-f7 and ctl-alt-f8. They can run GNOME and a 24 bit display
on one server, and something as simple as twm or fvwm on the
other.

Steve Chiswell