Re: 20011218: Computing wind shear

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply.  I guess the answer is that there is no way to get the
shear
for a specified layer (height AGL) depth directly using SNLIST.  The NSHARP
display
gives the 0-2km, 0-6km etc shear vector, but I need to do it automatically.
SNLIST
looks like it will give me an interpolated value for parameters like PRES,
SPED, DRCT
at a specified height.  I could get the wind vectors at levels like 1km, 3km
AGL and
then do a vector difference between the surface and that level.  Do you think
that is
my only option with SNLIST?

thanks again,

Matt