20020201: redbook install problems - Gempak 5.6e

>From: "Neil R. Smith" <address@hidden>

>Trouble with 'make install' on Tru64 v5.1 of the
>Gempak 5.6e package.
>
>After I finally got everything built on the Compaq
>Alpha workstation (DS20E) by going to each concerned module to
>do multiple 'make all' to get past the link errors,
>I did a 'make install' at the top $NAWIPS level and
>things moved along fine until it got to the cdredbook
>install, whereupon it failed on not being able to find
>dcredbook_gf:
>  install: cannot open dcredbook_gf
>Looking in the $NAWIPS/unidata/ldmbridge/dcredbook, I
>find only dcredbook and no dcredbook_gf, dcredbook_ps
>or dcredbook_vg. In that directory, I did a 'make clean'
>and 'make all'. The make all fails with the link error again
>and a followon 'make all' finds nothing further
>to build. There is a cdredbook but again no _gf, _ps, or
>_vg.
>
>Any ideas?  -Neil
>--
>Neil R. Smith, Comp. Sys. Mngr.                address@hidden
>Dept. Atmospheric Sci., Texas A&M Univ.        979/845-6272 FAX:979/862-4466

Neil,

I'd probably need to see the "make all" output.

cd $NAWIPS/unidata/ldmbridge/dcredbook
make clean
make all >& make.log
make install >& make_install.log

The "make clean" in the directory might be needed so that make can find
something to build if things got fouled up the first time..

I have tested it here under:
OSF1 dana.unidata.ucar.edu V5.1 732 alpha

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport