Re: 20020121: problems linking f77 programs with 5.6

Michael,

Many routines have been changed between 5.4 and 5.6.
You should check your programs calling sequences of gemlib
routines and make sure they match the prototypes for the
gemlib routines.

All of the gemlib routines that your program will call will be under
$GEMPAK/source/gemlib

If your program calls IN_BDTA for example, the first 2 letters before
the "_" will be the subdirectory under the directory above, so
the routine will be $GEMPAK/source/gemlib/in/inbdta.f for example.

Some of the routines, such as the surface and upper air file proceedures
now pass back the station priority, so there is 1 more argument to
the subroutine call. You will have to update your calling program accordingly
to pass the correct number of variables.

Steve Chiswell