20011101: cygwin & GEMPAK

Paula,

The message you get looks like window server is in 24 bit.
GEMPAK will only work if the X server you are running provides
the default defpth of 8 bits.

I have not tested anything with Cygwin yet since we don't have
a general testbed set up at this time. I did receive
a message from Steve Danz that he was running under cygwin
(built and running on cygwin) so it is possible to run the X server
on Cygwin in the 8 bit depth.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support